Our dedicated Community Development Worker (CDW) Michael Stuart (pictured left) is here to give free support to people running community projects or groups for adults in Lewisham. This could be a group for sewing, bingo, exercise, learning computers etc. – anything that helps adults to socialise or reduce isolation.
Some of the ways Michael can help include:
- Visit and meet you in person, acting as a confidential sounding board, helping you step back and reflect on how your group runs, what goals you want to achieve and how to problem solve
- Link you with other groups and initiatives
- Publicise your group to GP surgeries’ social prescribers, Social Services, Lewisham Local and over 100 others who signpost to Lewisham residents
- Regular emails to group leaders with brief information e.g. training, resources, events etc. Sign up by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Giving feedback on your funding bids
- Information on request, e.g. insurance, DBS checks
- Providing information on what types of community groups and social support are currently missing in Lewisham. Find out more by downloading our Gaps Report 2022
SIGN UP TO OUR COMMUNITY MAILING LIST
Michael currently provides two types of regular emails:
(1) Brief information useful to people running community groups e.g. training, resources, events (approximately twice weekly)
(2) Information about new community activities and groups in Lewisham, e.g. walking, knitting or arts groups. These are designed for people who signpost regularly and want to stay updated about provision in Lewisham (approximately daily)
To sign up to one or both mailing lists simply send a brief email to Michael at email@example.com, specifying which mailing list you wish to join. You can unsubscribe at any time.